American Legion Hall
Since its construction in 1926, the American Legion Hall, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, has served as a venue for boxing exhibitions, dances, social club meetings, scouting activities, family reunions, and educational programming. As the roof of this octagonal log cabin failed, rain and snowmelt damaged a precious collection of oil paintings housed inside.
The American Legion Post 61 partnered with the Great Basin Heritage Area Partnership, the Utah State Historic Preservation Office, the city of Fillmore, Millard County, and private individuals to install a new roof and seal it, allowing its use for veteran events and as part of the annual Old Capitol Arts and Living History Festival in Fillmore. This public-private partnership preserved a valuable historic resource, an integral example of the historic government presence in Fillmore, the first capital of Utah Territory.
Great Basin Heritage Area Partnership Funds
Leverage of GBHAP Funds
13 to 1